United Kingdom residency

United Kingdom residency

[gravityform id=”10″ title=”true” description=”false” ajax=”true”]

United Kingdom residency

The visa is considered for those who want to set up a new business and work to run the business

Visa requirements for entrepreneur:

  • Having the amount of 200,000 Pounds to start suggested business
  • Applicant is free to choose any kind of business, but to run the business they need to work full time
  • Along with starting a business employer must provide full time recruitment for 2 EEA nationals
  • Applicants are to take part in business probabilities
  • Applicant should own enough money to keep them up and running till the business starts becoming money making
  • Applicants must have a controlled profit in the business
  • Applicants must have a persuasive and possible business plan
  • Applicant must have language proficiency (mentioned below)
  • It is necessary to own enough finance certified by U.K government as you apply

Visa Requirements for entrepreneur:

  • If you are succeeded businessman you will be given 3 years visa at the beginning
  • You can take action for extending of more 2 years as long as the business is working well, the business is formed and at least two jobs are created.
  • Applicants can take action to Indefinite Leave to Remain (permanent Residency)
  • Your dependents and partners can come along with you and can either work or go to school

Western Europe, islands – including the northern one-sixth of the island of Ireland



243,610 sq. km.

Parliamentary constitutional monarchy and Commonwealth realm


British pound (GBP)

1 USD = 0.7391 GBP

United Kingdom residency

Population Growth: 0.53%

42,500 USD
GDP (per capita)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
2.788 trillion USD

Visa free countries


You must have access to at least £50,000 investment money to apply for a rank 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.

Your funds must be:

  • kept in one or more legal financial institutions
  • free to spend (‘open) on business in the UK

There are different competent requirements based on whether you have access to £50,000 or to £200,000.

You must also:

  • be qualified on English language requirement
  • have the ability to support yourself during your stay
  • score 95 points – check your points score
  • minimum age of 16 years old

Sharing investment funds

You can form an ‘entrepreneurial team’ with one other rank 1 (Entrepreneur) applicant and share the same investment money.

You and your team member must meet all the application qualification and:

  • not use the same money on another application with a different entrepreneurial team
  • provide all the documents needed for evidence of the funds with your own application

Access to £200,000 investment funds

You could apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa if you have access to £200,000 in investment funds and you can prove that the money is either:

your own :

  • made accessible to you by other people (‘third parties’), including a spouse, partner or investor
  • in a common account with your spouse or partner but only if they aren’t applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa

The funds must be kept in the UK if you’re applying for leave to remain.

Previous investment

You can also apply if you’ve invested £200,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the money less than 12 months before you apply.

Applying as a previous Tier 1 (Post-study) worker or Tier 4 student

If you’re in the UK on a Tier 1 (Post-study worker) visa or as a Tier 4 student, you must follow the rules for applying with £50,000 funding.

Apply if you’re in the UK on a Tier 1 (General) visa

If you’re in the UK on a Tier 1 (General) visa, you can only apply with £200,000 of your own money if you:

  • have been engaged in doing one or more UK businesses (for example you’re listed as a company director) since before 6 April 2015
  • have been working in a job on the list of occupations at the legal qualifications framework level 4 and above since before 6 April 2015

Knowledge of English

You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

You can prove your knowledge of English by two ways:

  • passing an confirmed English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening
  • having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognized by UK NARIC as being equal to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD

You may be able to have the English language requirement in other ways.


You do not need to prove your knowledge of English if you’re a national of one of the following countries:

  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • the Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • Dominica
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Jamaica
  • New Zealand
  • St Kitts and Nevis
  • St Lucia
  • St Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • USA

Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

  • a current passport or other valid travel identification
  • proof of the investment funds available to you
  • a business plan
  • testimony that you can support yourself during your stay
  • proof that you are able to meet the English language requirement
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
  • a criminal record certificate from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years

You need a page in your passport that’s void on both sides for your visa.

You’ll need to provide a defined translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.

Read the guide for a list of documents you can provide.

You may need to provide additional documents based on your situation.

Evidence of investment funds
evidence you provide depends on where the money is.
Your own money in a UK financial institution
From each institution holding the funds, send either:

  • a personal bank or building society statement
  • an official letter

Money from UK government department or seed funding competition
you must provide documents from each institution awarding the funds:

  • UK government department – send an official letter from an accountant or authorized official
  • Department for International Trade confirmed seed funding competition – send an official letter from an accountant or legal official

Funding from another third party

If you’re using money from a third party (not a UK government department or seed funding competition), you have to provide:

  • an official letter from an accountant or the financial institution holding the money
  • a letter from the third party confirming the money is accessible for you to invest in a UK business
  • a letter from a authorized representative (independent from those providing funds) specifying the signatures on the confirmation are valid

If your funding is from a venture capital firm, you must also provide:

  • an original letter from its director manager, partner or fund manager
  • a term sheet signed by all parties
  • proof that it has accomplished checks and followed certain processes (‘due diligence’)

Proof that you can support yourself
You must prove that you have enough personal needs to support yourself while you’re in the UK.

How you prove this rely on where you’re building your application from:

  • outside the UK – you’ll need £3,310
  • in the UK – you’ll need £945

Your personal savings have to be in your bank account for 90 consecutive days before you application.

You can’t use the following to support yourself:

  • money from your investment funds
  • money made while working in the UK illegitimately

Application Fees

How much you pay for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply.

Who you’re applying for Apply online or by post Apply in person outside the UK
You £1,228 £982
You (if you’re from Turkey or Macedonia) £1,173 £927
All dependents £1,228 each person £982 each person

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. £720 each person

Why United Kingdom

1- Get to know the UK’s visa options. The UK offers a wide range of visas, from temporary travel to more permanent relocation. The UK’s government website has a useful tool that will help you understand what visa you are qualified for and what documents you’ll need to apply. Almost everyone immigrating to the UK will need a visa of some kind, and many visas are relied on where you are migrating from and your purposes for moving to the UK. Having a clear idea of why you’d like to move to the UK will help narrow down your visa alternatives.
Once you’ve decided which visa is right for you, apply for a visa here or enlist the help of a third party migration service like Visa First.
You may be qualified to apply for permanent settlement in the UK if you have claimed asylum as a refugee, under humanitarian protection, are stateless, or would like to reunite with your family. Consulting the UK’s section on settlement will help provide you with the vital information to see if you can apply.
If you apply for a visa to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months you’ll also receive a Biometric Residence Permit remarking the conditions of visa and often your National Insurance Number.
Visas procedure take time. Usually several months between applying for a visa and your move.

2 -get to know about the rights of citizens in the EU, EEA member states, and OCT. it is not necessary to apply for a visa to live in the UK if you are a national of the European Union (EU), citizen of member states in the European Economic Area (EEA), such as Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, or Switzerland, or a citizen of an Overseas Country and Territory (OCT).[3]
You have the right to abode if you are a British Subject or Commonwealth citizen. EU, EEA, and OCT citizens only need to show their passport, but applying for a certificate of entitlement will help with applying for future advantages.
bear in mind that the UK voted to leave the EU, also known as Brexit, on June 23, 2016, which could caubring about significant changes to the EU freedom of movement rules currently in place. The referendum agreement takes about two years to complete, which means the UK won’t officially sever ties with the EU until 2018 at the earliest.

3 Enroll in an educational institution. Student visas are very common, but they come with a few limitations. It is presumed that your time as a student will be finite, which, at most, only gives you up to one month to live in the UK before starting your time as a student and up to four months after you’ve finished.
Rank 4 (General) visas lets the students over the age of 16 who are enrolled in a Tier 4 sponsored institution to live in the UK for no more than four months after the completion of their study.
Rank 4 (Child) visas allow for children between the ages of 4 and 17 who are enrolled in an educational institution to live in the UK with the agreement of a parent or guardian.

4 Apply for a work visa. In order to apply for a work visa you’ll first need to find an employer who is in favor of hiring you. There are many visas for new long-term employment, transfers within multinational companies, temporary employment, and unpaid volunteering. Contact your employer, or reference this list of work visas, to see what visa is appropriate for employment terms.
Rank 1 work visas normally apply to those who show exceptional promise or talent in their field, multimillion dollar investors, or entrepreneurs with access to at least 50,000 GBP of investment funds.[9]
Tier 2 visas are for skilled employment, celebrities, sportsman, or ministers of religion. Most Tier 2 visas require a certification of sponsorship, which holds your employment details, as well as 945 GBP in a savings account for at least 90 days.[10]
Tier 5 visas cover most temporary employment from donation work to overseas professional development.

5 Apply for an other accessible visas. The UK offers many visas to families of UK or EU citizens, as well as parents whose children have UK visas. These visas are often more specialized and have specific criteria.
Apply for a visa to join family permanently living in the UK. You can apply for this visa if you have a spouse living in the UK, need to look after family members, or be looked after by family members.
Apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 child visa if your child keeps a Tier 4 visa in the UK. This visa allows you to stay in the UK for up to 12 months with the probabilities of extending your stay for a further 12 months.

6-try to learn as much English as possible. The UK, although culturally diverse, is mainly an English speaking country. Although fluency is not considered to work and live in the UK, having a basic understanding of reading, writing, and speaking the English language will make your transition and cultural acclimation much easier.
Enroll in an English class before you leave or see if your employer or school can provide International English classes.
Some specific jobs and educational institutions require English proficiency. If you are hesitant if you need to take a fluency test contact your employer or school.

7 -Create a budget. Creating a detailed budget will help you organize the tasks you will need to complete before moving to the UK as well as plan your expenses once living in the UK.
Become familiar with the types and amount of salary tax you’ll have to pay once living in the UK.
The cost of living in the UK differs, but is normally more expensive in the south and cheaper in the north.
Use an online cost of living comparison tool to see what expenses might goes up once you move.

8- Find a job. If you are moving to the UK as a part of a career move, chances are you already have a job in mind. but, if you are not sure what job you will be able to work, consider your level of proficiency in English and degree of cultural familiarity with the UK. Finding a stable job in the UK will gives you more flexibility in applying for residency or switching your visa.
Once you have found a job your employer will need to apply for a work permit on your behalf.
Search for job openings on sites like jobsite.co.uk, reed.co.uk, monster.co.uk, or indeed.co.uk.
Visit a British Embassy or Consulate in your country to ask about employment options.

9 -Find living places. Find temporary living in the UK at a hostel or hotel while searching for more permanent housing. If you can, start looking weeks before you arrive in the UK, and don’t sign a contract until you fully understand the terms.
Rental fees in the UK vary from monthly to weekly payments.
London is one of the most expensive housing markets in the world. Consider living outside of London and commuting by train.

10- Get to know the health care in the UK. Emergent medical services are free to all in the UK. However, there are many different characteristics for more consistent healthcare options that are based on which visa you have. Many visas require yearly payments that provide healthcare coverage. Consult the UK government’s website to see how much you have to pay for health issues.
It’s up to GP’s as to whether or not they will accept you into NHS coverage.

11- Buy an Oyster card. An Oyster card is a pre-paid public transit card that will give you accessibility to trains and buses in London without having to buy an individual ticket. You can buy Oyster cards at most newsstands and at every train station in London.[16]
The UK also has an efficient railway system, allowing you to travel smoothly throughout the majority of the UK.

12 -Open a bank account with a bank in the UK. Having a bank account in with a bank in the UK will reduce the amount of time you’ll need to spend on organizing your finances, especially when it comes to paying taxes. Most debit and credit accounts are free to open in the UK. Talk to one of the larger banks like NatWest, Barclay’s, or HSBC to see what account might is suitable for you.

13- Get your National Insurance Number. Making sure you have a National Insurance Number is vital to keep employment and applying for benefits while staying in the UK on a visa. If your NIN is not printed on the back of your Biometric Residence Permit you will need to apply for one separately.
If you need to apply for a NIN contact Jobcentre Plus.

14 -Familiarize yourself with cultural differences. Although culturally various, especially in larger cities like London and Manchester, culture in the UK can be quite different from your country of origin.
Do your utmost to become familiar with culture in the UK by asking questions about phrases or gestures that might be bewildering.

Visa Free Travel

Successful applicants can take advantages of visa-free visit to more than 160 countries, as listed below. It should be noted that visa-free travel to the countries listed below are subject to change. It is firmly advisable that the related Government authorities and agencies are contacted prior to travel coordination made.

United Kingdom residency

United Kingdom residency

Bahar Program Rating

Updated yearly by Bahar Gate

Albania Hong Kong Poland
Andorra Honduras Portugal
Antigua & Barbuda Hungary South Korea
Argentina Iceland Romania
Austria Ireland Samoa
Armenia Israel San Marino
Bahamas Italy Serbia
Barbados Jamaica St Kitts and Nevis
Belgium Japan Seychelles
Belize Kiribati Singapore
Bosnia Herzegovina Kosovo Slovak Republic
Botswana Kyrgyz Republic Slovenia
Brazil Latvia Solomon Islands
Brunei Darussalam Liechtenstein South Africa
Bulgaria Lithuania Spain
Canada Luxembourg St Lucia
Chile Malawi St Vincent & the Grenadines
Colombia Malaysia Swaziland
Costa Rica Maldives Sweden
Croatia Mauritius Switzerland
Cyprus Mexico Taiwan
Czech Republic Mongolia The Gambia
Denmark Moldova Tonga
Dominica Monaco Trinidad and Tobago
Ecuador Montenegro Tunisia
El Salvador Morocco Tuvalu
Estonia Nauru Uganda
Germany Netherlands Ukraine
Fiji Nicaragua United Arab Emirates
Finland Uruguay United Kingdom
France Norway Vatican City
FYROM New Zealand Vanuatu
Greece Oman Venezuela
Granada Panama United States
Guyana Paraguay Zambia
Georgia Peru Zimbabwe
Guatemala Philippines

Request a Call Back

[gravityform id=”13″ title=”false” description=”false”]